CODM Esports: Dream Became Reality
Started to play this game on my mom's phone back in 2021. Since my very childhood, gaming was my thing. I would just love to play games on my parents phones for hours, though getting scolded eventually. After COVID-19 hit, I was just getting bored sitting alone in my room as lockdown didn't allow us to go outside that much. That's when I started playing CODM. There were many ups and downs in my whole journey by the way. I'm just going to share a part of it here, which I would cherish forever. The event, that got me the spotlight of attention in the gaming community.
MP Tournament
I played this game for such a long time. Played so many tourneys, but one thing never came to me. It looked unattainable.
An Achievement.
Though going very close to it, I was just not getting any top position or trophies with the teams that I played for. I became so depressed that I decided one day to leave everything, with that void in my heart of net getting anything 'in return'. Then a tournament came up. Though I was not willing to play it, my former teammates insisted. They decided to make a team with me being the in-game leader. Team's name was "Disciples of Mayhem". I'm going to tell you, being the leader was a daunting task. But I decided to give it one last try. Without any prior practice, we started to play the tournament(Because I always believed in my team, our combination was superb to say the least).
We won the qualifier round quite easily. Then came the semi-final. Opponent gave us a good fight, but our previous experience in such tourneys and the mentality to "Never give up" came in clutch. We won the semis and now it was time for the finals.
We practiced, a bit, before the finals. We knew that it was going to be a tough game against the then best team of MP in Bangladesh, Astral Dominants. They even had a personal coach, were practicing for more than a month, posting videos of their preparations in social media. They crushed every single opponent in their road to the finals. Their confidence level was high, gameplay levels- far superior from us to say the very least. We were feeling the hype all around about the finals. The pressure, was surreal. Our team also had high motivation, but it was quite obvious that they were feeling a bit down. My situation was also the same. But we prepared nonetheless.
The day of the finals arrived.
Finals: Battle of 5
First match, Search and Destroy. Our team had weakness in this particular mode, but we started the game with confidence. Unfortunately, we got 'killed' there, badly. AD was too dominant in S&Ds.
2nd match, Hardpoint. We were confident going into this match as our team was good in respawns. But during the match, we lost one of our teammates due to bad network so it became a 4v5 situation, which was quite challenging. For some reason, team was on top, I mean too good form even though we had a man disadvantage. As a result, we dominated and eventually, thrashed them in this match. Comeback was now completed. Anything became a possibility now.
The way we won this game 4v5, we believed that it was enough to rattle our opponents confidence. So we became ready to pounce on them regardless the difficulties in our next game. And our plan worked. Winning the next game gave us a 2-1 lead, which was huge in the context of the game. Suddenly winning this whole thing, getting that coveted 'achievement', was looking a real possibility. Team believed that yup, it's possible now no matter what. We just needed one more game to win the tie. 4th game was also another S&D. It meant only one thing for us as our confidence level was high: Redemption. This gave us a chance for taking the revenge and winning the competition. Our team knew it and so, we started to play seriously. And then,
At last.
Finally, we were able to become the champions. Those who doubted us and mocked us, were the ones praising us now. Everything felt like 'too good to be true'. We were crowned the champions of Bangladesh, beating the best team on our way also. Without any 'top-notch' practice, personnel to back us up, we just believed in ourselves. We had that belief that our understanding and synergy might just be enough, and eventually, it was. The hype, support, fandom; everything felt surreal. It was scintillating stuff for our team. Everyone was ecstatic, screaming like children, mainly me. After so many heartbreaks, finally I was able to prove my worth. Kudos to my team because without them, it would have been impossible to win let alone beat any team in that competition. To see the title around our name, "The Champions of BD: Disciple of Mayhem", it was like a dream. It was our dream, which became a reality that day.
Currently retired but looking back at those days I would proudly say it was the best team in the history of BD in CODM and being the leader, winning the tourney with the boys, it was unreal stuff. I would cherish this experience till the very last day of my life, with my head held up high.

Comments
Post a Comment