The power of reading: turning a hobby into a lifelong journey
The power of reading: turning a hobby into a lifelong journey
I never thought reading books could be so
![]() |
| source- pinterest |
When
I was a kid, I didn’t like reading. Not academic, let alone novels or storybooks.
My mother used to scold me a lot over not reading books. Because she loved
reading. Also, my father. He never pushed me to read but I grew up watching him
reading, diving into the words. Both of them had their shelf, full of various
types of books. Maybe it took time for me to get their behavior. After stepping
into the teenage phase, book covers started to catch my attention. But I didn’t
read any of them fully. Maybe two to three pages.
Everything
changed on my eighteenth birthday when one of my uncles gave me two books as a birthday
present. At that time, I wasn’t that much happy seeing those. Later I went
through the books and saw they were adventure books, which is totally my thing.
I started reading, thoroughly and created every scene inside my head. When I finished
reading one of them, I said to myself “Okay, that was fun.”. I started the
other one. eagerness started to grow in me. And in one month I read four books.
![]() |
| source- Google |
Now I read books all day long. I will choose reading over scrolling Facebook on my phone. Reading has brought many changes within me. Whenever I read books I forget all my stress and I relax more. Reading is keeping my mind fresh and now I get much better sleep than before. I read both Bengali and English novels. It helps a lot with my vocabulary and with my writing skills. I regret every day that I haven’t read when I was younger. Now I have tons of books to finish and I really can’t wait to finish all of the books I got.
Imagining the stories in mind is really interesting. Sometimes I wonder if I could make a movie with my imagination. Well, I can’t do that but what I can do is write books on my own. I am moved by every story the writers have brought up. Their way of thinking impresses me every time. How they have shared their life stories in different ways, blows my mind. I have tried and written some things but I don’t think they are good enough. But I do want to tell the world my story. Imagination is turned on inside me, I just need to write them down. I want to write books for people who are like me, and who love to read. I want to give them beautiful stories t will have pleasure, sorrow, thriller, drama, comedy, everything.
Collecting books is now a hobby, reading is a passion and writing is my dream.


Comments
Post a Comment